If you've never watched Dating In The Dark, please do go watch an episode. Talk about a show that brings out a person's insecurities. Pretty much, its dating a complete stranger in the dark for four dates and on the last date you get to finally see what the person looks like and after that you choose whether or not you wanna go on dating that person. And sadly, there have been so many people who have walked away just because the other person was not attractive, whether they be too thick, too short, or just plain hideous looking. SAD I KNOW. But just makes me think, do I have a good enough personality to be dated in the dark and am I pretty enough from keeping a guy from walking away? But seriously, why should it matter? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? And a person who walks away because they're shallow is just not worth it. But then I think to myself, if I were standing in front of myself in that dark room and the light was shown on me, what would be my first impression of myself? Weird concept, I guess. I don't think I've ever been so insecure about myself. It's not even like I think I'm totally ugly or that I'm the least attractive person ever but I feel like I have problems being in any sort of relationship because of my personality and a lot of times my emotions. I feel like my personality is not good enough. I don't know where to start but I am working on these insecurities one step at a time. I realize that having insecurities is like having extra baggage, its just holding me back from doing what I really want. But I'm working on it, I am.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
insecurities.
If you've never watched Dating In The Dark, please do go watch an episode. Talk about a show that brings out a person's insecurities. Pretty much, its dating a complete stranger in the dark for four dates and on the last date you get to finally see what the person looks like and after that you choose whether or not you wanna go on dating that person. And sadly, there have been so many people who have walked away just because the other person was not attractive, whether they be too thick, too short, or just plain hideous looking. SAD I KNOW. But just makes me think, do I have a good enough personality to be dated in the dark and am I pretty enough from keeping a guy from walking away? But seriously, why should it matter? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? And a person who walks away because they're shallow is just not worth it. But then I think to myself, if I were standing in front of myself in that dark room and the light was shown on me, what would be my first impression of myself? Weird concept, I guess. I don't think I've ever been so insecure about myself. It's not even like I think I'm totally ugly or that I'm the least attractive person ever but I feel like I have problems being in any sort of relationship because of my personality and a lot of times my emotions. I feel like my personality is not good enough. I don't know where to start but I am working on these insecurities one step at a time. I realize that having insecurities is like having extra baggage, its just holding me back from doing what I really want. But I'm working on it, I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment